The Law Offices of Rodney T. Lewin, a busy boutique Beverly Hills firm, is looking for a full-time legal secretary with great organizational, writing, listening and communication skills for drafting, transcribing, filing and serving pleadings, discovery, motions and correspondence. Must be detail-oriented and type a minimum of 75+ wpm,as well as be proficient with Word, Abacus and Outlook. Salary commensurate with experience. Health insurance benefits. Please send resume to: email@example.com.
Medium-size law firm in Orange County seeks an experienced legal assistant for a 3-4 attorney desk. Candidate must have excellent word processing skills and be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. They should also be familiar with state/federal procedures and e-filings, calendaring, drafting simple pleadings such as motions, answers, written discovery requests and responses, composing and editing correspondence; performing other basic clerical duties; and supporting law firm staff as needed.
Must be well organized, detail oriented, with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and work well under pressure in a team environment.
Qualified candidates, please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary expectation in the cover letter.
The City of Los Angeles has immediate openings for Legal Secretary I positions in various sections of
the Civil Litigation Branch, Criminal and Special Litigation Branch and Municipal Law Branch.
This position serves as secretary to attorneys or administrators performing a full range of secretarial duties, including taking and transcribing dictation, taking minutes of meetings, typing and proofreading; maintaining databases, filing systems and appointment calendars; answering inquiries from the public
or employees of other agencies over the telephone or in person; and ordering office supplies. Must demonstrate the ability to maintain the status of cases being handled; have knowledge of legal and administrative procedures, and sources of information. In addition, this position will assist with the general office workload and will learn all of the functions of the office and complete other duties as assigned. In addition to these general duties, additional assignment specific responsibilities may apply.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants are required to pass a typing test at 60 wpm net with five (5) errors maximum, a spelling test with five (5) errors maximum and a dictaphone test. One year performing clerical or secretarial duties is required. Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Word and have knowledge of legal procedures and terminology. This position requires a fast and accurate typist who pays close attention to detail, is able to work under pressure with minimal supervision, and can perform in a team environment. Reliable attendance and punctuality are mandatory. Applicants must be able to lift boxes (up to 25 lbs).
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The following qualifications are highly desirable: Knowledge of state and federal court rules, litigation document preparation under the California Court system’s filing requirement and procedures including electronic filings.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE: Interested applicants should submit the following documents in one (1) PDF file: resume, typing certificate, and cover letter specifying LEGAL SECRETARY I – Various Sections to email@example.com.
This position will remain open until filled.
Rosen & Associates, P.C. a small downtown Los Angeles law firm has the following position available.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Litigation File – Document Clerk
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-Time
DUTIES INCLUDE: Distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, set-up and maintenance of case files; indexing of pleadings and legal correspondence, scanning and copying, setting up conference rooms for meetings and depositions, filing documents in various downtown Los Angeles Courts, answering telephones and other projects to help attorneys and staff.
SKILLS: Detailed oriented and organized. Litigation filing skills, computer skills (Word Perfect is a must, MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook). Must have a good attitude, be cool under pressure and be eager to work and learn. Experience preferred.
Litigation Paralegal experience is a big plus, but not absolutely necessary.
COMPENSATION: Competitive W/ Medical & Dental Benefits.
CONTACT: Lora Foley – 213-362-1000
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via fax: 213-362-1001
Well-established Los Angeles law firm is seeking a Transactional Secretary to join its team. Secretary will support attorneys with corporate and real estate transactions. Firm seeks candidates with a positive, team player attitude, ability to pay close attention to detail, excellent time management and communication skills. Must have at least 4 to 5 years of solid transactional experience. Qualified candidates will be highly proficient in handling client communications, editing and revising real estate and corporate transactional documents, redlining documents, proofreading, calendaring, scheduling appointments, and administrative functions. Please submit a resume to email@example.com in MS Word for immediate and confidential consideration.
Job Classification: Full-time non-exempt position
Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Life, Vision Insurances and 401K
Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt is a world class law firm serving the Los Angeles area since 1943. We have an opportunity for a Litigation Legal Secretary in our Downtown Los Angeles office.
Job Description: The firm is seeking a highly skilled litigation legal secretary with 5+ years of experience. The ideal candidate will bring sophisticated plaintiff and defense general litigation experience. Must demonstrate initiative and follow-through while managing multiple, competing deadlines.
Candidate must be very organized, proactive, and have excellent written and communication skills. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite 2010 is a requirement. We value attention to detail, a great attitude, and the ability to strategically manage workload to support our growing General Litigation Practice Group. Applicant must have strong understanding of the litigation process in State and Federal courts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (“Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.)
- Responsible for coordinating and confirming the scheduling of meetings, depositions, and hearings for firm attorneys with clients and other parties.
- Strong knowledge of court rules and filing procedures (including e-filing) in both state and federal courts.
- Excellent word processing skills (intermediate to advanced level in Word, Microsoft Outlook.) Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills (65+ WPM.)
- Mastery generating Tables of Authorities and Tables of Contents using Word; and ability to format documents with Word-generated styles.
- Knowledge of attorney timekeeping software and calendaring.
- Excellent writing, grammar, proofreading skills and overall attention to detail.
- Well organized and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize, prioritize and manage numerous tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively supporting multiple attorneys and paralegals.
- Processes incoming mail, faxes, and emails, calendaring and tasking appearances and deadlines as necessary using master calendar system.
- Drafts routine correspondence, pleadings and other legal documents.
- Produces high-quality word processing documents following Firm standards.
- Accurately revises, proofread and performs minor editing (punctuation, grammar, spelling) of correspondence and other documents.
- Manages and organizes case files and other records.
- Follows instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff while providing information in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Operates standard office equipment, such as multi-function devices, scanners, copiers and computers; transcribes dictation when needed.
- Work overtime occasionally to perform essential duties of the position.
- Take initiative in support of attorneys.
- Cooperates and provides assistance when assigned to team member’s attorneys.
- Assist with overflow work.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner.
- Exhibits office appropriate behavior and dress.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Education, Training & Experience: Five years of litigation experience in a law firm, or legal department required, preferably working in a personal injury and civil litigation in State and Federal Courts law environment. Expertise in Microsoft Office Suit, experience with Lexis-Nexis Time Matters Case Management, and PCLaw Billing.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume detailing applicable skills, abilities, and experience that address the position requirements, and salary requirements to Recruiting Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agency inquiries by invitation only. Position available immediately.
Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spend in contacting us and thank you for your interest in our firm.
Busy Woodland Hills civil litigation (defense) firm has immediate opening for a motivated legal secretary/assistant. Minimum one-year experience is a must.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com