Cotti Foods, the 33rd largest franchise organization in the U.S. (Restaurant Monitor) with 190 restaurants in 6 states is in search of a Legal Assistant. Cotti Foods, a family-owned group of companies, which continues to grow through acquisitions and new development, is the largest franchise fast-food organization in Orange County (OCBJ) and includes the largest Taco Bell franchisee in California. We are currently in an exciting period of growth and expansion and are looking for someone to join our fast-paced team as a Legal Assistant. Our ideal candidate shares our passion and is a motivated, hardworking, dead-line driven, self-managed individual.
As a Legal Assistant, you will be responsible for working with our Vice President, Contract and Leasing and our Chief Development Officer on multiple projects at a time. Details for all projects will need to be organized and detailed. Essential qualifications include (but are limited to):
- Experience in Real Estate from a business and legal perspective
- Perform first pass review on most contracts from legal and business perspective, prepare summaries of terms and identify potential issues
- Create lease abstracts and manage critical dates – i.e., feasibility, closing, deposits, extensions, title objections, permitting, Rent Commencement Dates
- Track delivery of surveys, geotech, title
- Experienced in Title and survey review
- Input and maintain data into lease administration database
- File management – hard copy and electronic
- Property management – CAM reconciliations, Landlord interface, limited coordination of maintenance
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with strong Real Estate background
- Superior organizational and oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task with tight deadlines independently and on a team with diverse personalities and work styles
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office – namely, Outlook, Word & Excel
Looking for an individual:
- With a high degree of initiative, accuracy, judgment and interpersonal skills, together with an understanding of real estate law and/or development
- Seeking a challenge who can contribute their talents to a team environment
- Interest in working hard while learning real estate law and real estate development
- With a positive attitude
Send resumes to email@example.com
Century City boutique litigation firm is seeking a full-time legal assistant. The law firm handles complex litigation matters in both state and federal courts.
Job responsibilities include: general word processing; preparation of pleadings for filing with court; preparation of tables of contents and authorities; scanning of documents and maintenance of internal electronic files; e-filing documents; communicate with clients, attorneys and court personnel; communicate with vendors, including court reporters and litigation support; answer and direct firm phone calls; order office supplies.
Required skills: 3+ years’ experience as a paralegal or legal secretary; proficient in MS Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Excel, and Outlook; proficient in preparation of tables of contents and authorities; courteous and professional demeanor and appearance; familiarity with litigation documents and terminology; proficient with e-filing in state and federal courts; organized; able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; able to multi-task when necessary; problem solver; strong sense of discretion.
Competitive pay commensurate with skill and experience.
If interested, please forward your resume by October 31, 2019, to:
Kozberg & Bodell LLP
1801 Century Park East
Los Angeles, CA 90067