LSI will be offering an Beginning Legal Secretarial Training class online. This class will be an eight-week, work-at-your-own-pace online session running March 17, 2020 - May 12, 2020. During the classes, the following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to the Law Office
- Duties of the Legal Secretary
- Effective Telephone Skills
- Effective Oral Communication Skills
- Effective Written Communication Skills
- Calendaring and Timetables
- Basic Grammar Skills
- Transcription and Proofreading Techniques
- Court Structure
- Service of Legal Documents
- Preparing a Proper Caption
- Preparation of Documents Filed with the Court
- Basics of Civil Litigation
- Demand for Production of Documents
- Request for Admissions
- Depositions/Deposition Subpoenas
- Demand for Physical Examinations
- Discovery Timelines. Service and Verifications
CLASS SESSION OPENS ON MONDAY, March 17, 2020
Classes will take place online utilizing video lectures, discussion boards, email, whiteboard sessions, chat rooms, and quizzes. Login information will be provided upon enrollment in the class.
The cost of the training class, which includes the Legal Secretary’s Reference Guide, is $180 for LSI members/$250 for non-LSI members. Each individual must register separately. Upon completion of the class, students will receive a certificate from LSI.
If you are uncomfortable submitting payment online or would like to pay by check, you can print and mail in the PDF version of the registration form.
Note: Once the form below is submitted, you will be taken to Pay Pal where you can pay with your Pal Pal account or a credit card.